Summer is all about dresses, barbecues, and spending lots of outdoor time with the family. That being said, we usually end up with a pretty full summer schedule and sometimes I only have a few minutes to get ready before heading out to one activity or another. Here are a few really simple tricks to have a prettier summer without all the fuss.
- Use a skin moisturizer or lotion (and be sure it has some sunscreen in it as well!). What is the point of keeping your legs silky smooth if you just let your skin dry out? Slapping on some lotion takes all of 5 minutes and that’s if you’re covering most of your body. Glowing, moisturized skin also keeps you looking more youthful.
- When you’re applying makeup, choose which feature you want to go bold on–eyes or lips. A quick smokey eye or punch of red lip color instantly polishes you look and is easily accomplished in minutes.
- Get a new hair cut that is quick to style. This will cut down on your daily time it takes you to get ready and get rid of a whole chunk of extra work for you.
- Paint your nails. It not only adds another element to your overall look but also puts you in a better mood to see happy colors on your nails.
- Drink water. I know, it may sound like a no-brainer but drinking water is really one of the best things you can do for yourself. So at that next picnic, skip on the soda and try an ice cold bottle of water instead. It flushes your system and creates a healthy glow in your skin, hair and nails.