You know what I love *maybe* even more than finally catching a hot shower without any kids in the bathroom? Recipes that are foolproof, fast, and decently healthy. As a busy mom of two girls and running a business from home, I’m constantly running low on energy and sometimes end up grabbing a super bad-for-me snack , just because it’s fast and I don’t have to actually cook it. But, with about 5 minutes of my time and no measuring utensils, I can whip up a batch of these yummy, guilty-tasting but pretty healthy for you no-bake energy bites.
When I said put away your measuring utensils I really wasn’t kidding. The only rule to this recipe is to balance your wet and dry ingredients so that they can form into balls. Every time I make them I use slightly different ingredients depending on what I have on hand and every time they still satisfy.
Here’s what I like to use for my no-bake energy bites:
- Peanut Butter
- Shredded Coconut -If you need more wet ingredients swap for coconut oil. 😉
- Cocoa Powder -Unsweetened
- Raw Pumpkin Seeds
- Slivered Almonds (I chop these & the pumpkin seeds up in my little chopper first just to make them smaller and easier for rolling into balls.)
- Flax Meal
- Mini Chocolate Chips (I mostly make them without these because I rarely have these on hand.)
- You could even use small bits of dried fruits if that’s what you’re into. 😉
Mix everything together and refrigerate for about 30 minutes before rolling into bite sized balls. Then, I just store them in an airtight container in the fridge and eat one or two as I feel like it.
Told you, super simple! You’ll thank me when you get that 2:30 random craving for something decadent and get to reach for these satisfying and tasty options instead.