It’s not really something that I talk about very often, but it seems that for us it’s not a piece of cake to get pregnant. It’s unfortunate because both my hubby and myself are healthy and young. When we first decided we wanted to have a baby it took about a year and a half before finally conceiving our ladybug. From the very beginning I adjusted my diet to be more nutritional and healthy and started taking better care of myself, but still nothing. I didn’t understand why it wasn’t happening more quickly, I mean I had never even been on birth control so I knew that wasn’t a lingering factor. Mother’s Day 2010 I found out I was pregnant with the ladybug and it was the most thrilling day of my life up to that point.
I knew after having our baby that I didn’t want to take any form of birth control and would rather have our children be born really close together than risk birth control contributing to issues down the road. Well, as you know if you’ve been a reader here for a bit, my ladybug is now 15 1/2 months old and we never stopped trying for more. Like I mentioned before, we’re both 22 and healthy so we’re not ready to jump to any invasive ‘treatments’ per say.
One day I came across FertiliTea on Fair Haven Health‘s site. FertiliTea is an all natural organic herbal tea that is designed to support the reproductive system and raise your chances of conceiving. It was designed by international fertility expert, Amos Grunebaum, MD and includes a full spectrum of fertility enhancing herbs.
FertiliTea comes in a vacuum sealed back and includes enough for a one month supply. The instructions recommend 2-3 cups per day so there are approximately 75 cups of tea in each bag. Loose-leaf tea ensures maximum freshness, flavor and, most importantly, nutritional support. Herbal tea leaves need room to expand in order to properly transfer all their nutrients. This also keeps the tea from being exposed to glues, sealants, and staples that are used on teabags
Directions for use: FertiliTea is a loose leaf tea, use 1 teaspoon to each cup of water. On first sight, I thought the tea looked funny but plants tend to do that when dried. =) Bring water to a boil and add herbal tea directly or by using a tea ball or infuser. I HIGHLY recommend using an infuser of some kind. When I used the mesh style I did notice there was some residue left in the tea. It wasn’t a big deal for me and I did notice there was barely any residue when using a tea colander. Upon trying again with the mesh style infuser if you slowly pour the hot water over the tea while pouring it into the glass it seemed to leave MUCH less residue. Cover and let steep for 5 minutes straining out any leaves before drinking. Be sure to take the tea out at this time or it can become slightly bitter.
• Drink 2-3 cups per day beginning right away, there is no need to wait for a particular time within your cycle to start.
• Intended for daily use by women trying to conceive..
FertiliTea Organic and Wildcrafted Herbal Ingredients
• Chasteberry (vitex) – stimulates the hormones involved with ovulation and helps restore female hormonal balance. It is used as an herbal treatment for infertility and is especially helpful for women with irregular cycles, failure to ovulate, or a short luteal phase.
• Red raspberry leaf – highly regarded for its ability to tone the uterus and muscles of the pelvic region. A highly nutritive ingredient, red raspberry is a powerful fertility-promoting herb, especially when used in combination with peppermint.
• Green tea – a powerful antioxidant that enhances reproductive health by repairing the oxidative damage that occurs naturally as the result of environmental toxins and aging. Much has been written about the positive correlation between green tea and fertility.
• Ladies mantle – a “tonic” herb that is useful in regulating a woman’s monthly cycle. It also exerts a toning effect on the cervix.
• Nettle leaf – contains a wide spectrum of vitamins and minerals that are critical to good reproductive health, including Vitamins A, C, D, K, potassium, phosphorous, iron, and sulfur; also contains calcium, key for conception and maintaining pregnancy.
• Peppermint leaf – gives FertiliTea a delicious flavor and has the added benefit of serving as a sexual stimulant.
ViriliTea combines the following organic and wild-crafted herbs to form a one-of-a-kind tea for enhancing male fertility, sexual vitality, and overall reproductive health:
Maca: Heightens libido and improves semen quality.
Siberian Ginseng: A powerful tonifying herb used to balance and restore the male reproductive system.
Muira Puama: Increases blood flow to the pelvic region and promotes libido and sexual function.
Tribulus terrestris: Enhances sexual desire and may increase production of male hormones.
Fo-Ti Root: A “longevity” plant with powerful antioxidant activity.
Epimedium (Horny Goat Weed): Improves sexual function by promoting optimal blood flow to the reproductive organs.
Goji Berry: Contains antioxidants that can protect sperm from the damaging effects of free radicals.
Panax ginseng: An adaptogenic herb that supports the endocrine system and promotes sperm health.
Damiana: Used traditionally to promote the health of the genitourinary system and to treat impotence.
Saw Palmetto: Promotes the health of the prostate gland and helps to regulate testosterone levels.
**Disclosure: These are 100% my words and opinions. I was not paid to complete this review; I did however receive a complimentary product for review purposes.**